Making decorative ice cubes is a fun way to spruce up your summer drinks with organic herbs, fruits or edible flowers. Mix some mint into cubes for iced-tea or strawberry cubes for a glass of lemonade. Flower petals look fantastic under ice along with lavender and nasturtium.
It seems one would not need a recipe for making ice cubes, but there are a few tricks to making the most of a decorative garden cube:
1. Fill mold halfway with water and freeze.
2. Dip flower, herb or fruit in cold water and place on top of frozen cube.
3. Fill to the top with water and freeze again.
* I have read that using distilled water creates a clearer looking cube although I have not tried it. Regular filtered water has worked well for me in the past.
* Decorative Ice cubes look great in club soda or sparkling water.
* Organic is the only way for these freezer squares.
* List of Edible Flowers- LINK.
Enjoy! Thanks for your visit today – http://www.nadiaknows.com
Create – Grow – Be Inspired!