How many super foods can you grow in your own garden? The super food lists usually boast about 20 beneficial foods to incorporate into your diet. Super foods are high in anti-oxidants, high in fiber, low in fat and overall the most nutritional foods ounce per ounce.
According to resveratrol.com: Super Foods, also known as anti aging foods, are foods high in antioxidants as well as high concentrations of crucial nutrients that have been proven to help prevent and in some cases, reverse the effects of aging.
- avocado, broccoli, onions, peppers, soy, spinach, and sprouts, hot peppers, leeks, daikon radishes
- açai, apples, blueberries, pomegranates, pumpkin, kiwi, oranges,and tomatoes
- wild salmon, turkey, eggs
- beans, barley, seeds, nuts, lentils, oats, walnuts and buckwheat
- cinnamon, dark chocolates, garlic, honey, extra virgin olive oil (“cold pressed”), sea salt, yogurt & kefir
- sea vegetables, irish moss, umeboshi plums, wheat grass, miso
- red wine, green tea and water were also on this list.